Saturday, May 30, 2020

SoSS #161 I is for Inky



I am loving Edna's "ink".  She is sporting more than me.
This week the sisters challenge you to get inky. I love it and have gotten another friend that did "clean" scrapbooking to get messy and inky. 
I usually end up like this after a good inky session and I love it. 
These are actually quite clean for me. I have been known to go to work with my hands covered in inks. 



I felt like doing a journal page but I did it in my dyalog instead of a larger book.  I also wanted to play with a technique I hadn't done in a while. 
I will show it in a different blog post later. 


A close up of the sentiment.

Dylusions Don't Hold Back.
 stamped with white ink (memories pigment) on black cardstock


Here are some pictures of some of the stuff I used
background was sprayed with 
Dylusions inks
black
pink flamingo
fiery sunset 
rose quartz

Stamped images are all dylusions but pre-stamped and cut out
I don't feel like looking up the names. most are fairly new
I colored them with dylusions inks in water pens




Want to play along and join the Sisterhood?? Of course you do!!

You have until  11:55 pm (EST) on Friday  June 12th,  2020  to upload your project to the sisterhood blog.
Don’t forget to visit the blogs of the Snarky Sisters (links to the right) and show them some crafty love!
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you want to play along (check our snarky 
FAQs for more info):

·                     Link directly to your project (no backlinking), generic links will be deleted
·                     Please....no more than 10 challenges per entry (including ours)
·                     You can enter a challenge up to three times as long as each is in a separate post.
·                      
Maybe YOU will win one of the the coveted Queen of Snark or Princess of Snark badges to display on your blog!!


Are you an Instagrammer?
Follow the Sisterhood @sisterhood_of_snarky_stampers and be sure to the use the hashtags #sisterhoodofsnarkystampers or #soss on your projects!

7 comments:

Helen said...

LOVE the inky hands!!! And your inky background is awesome!!!! And that snarky quote... hilarious!!! Love your art journal spread!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Chris Dring said...

This art journal page is fabulous! I'm curious to find out how you got the leaves to stand out in the darkened area. And thanks for another tip to use her inks with a water brush. (face palm!) Brilliant!

Barbara Godden said...

super page, love how the leaves pop on the dark background, I need instructions on sprays I have 4 not sure what to do with them. so looking forward to a tutorial.

Marti_L said...

Your colors are fabulous!, And your page is very fun. Thanks for the reminder about using the water brushes, I would like to try them this way.

Lindsey said...

Inky hands are so worth it for a gorgeous journal spread like this one! I suppose right now, nobody at work gets to see the results of your inky fun...

JulieP said...

You got out ALL the INKS for this one!!! Your page is beautiful!!! Inky fingers are a sign of a good day in my opinion.

Donna said...

Fabulous!
Very nicely done!
Messy, inky crafting is the best :)