Monday, August 25, 2014

A Unique Blog Hop

My crafty friend Donna of Yellow Dog Greetings asked me to participate in a unique blog hop. I have been on several design teams with Donna, Drunken Stampers and currently Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers (SoSS) and Scraptures.
I also get to spend time with Donna at crops and other thing as she lives in the next city over. I love Donna and can't wait til our next crop together. I think we are both taking a Vicki class together soon as well.

Donna showed her craft space so I will also show mine. It has been a bit of a work in progress for just over a year. At one point it was ugly wallpaper (well not horrible because it was something my MIL had done in the room when they owned the house) but it was blue and not my color. LOL My DH went away for a guys weekend last June and came home to the carpet ripped up , wallpaper gone and 2 walls painted orange (my favorite color).   I still have to add trim up near the ceiling, have DH hang one more thing (he always takes what I hang down and redoes it) and I am in the process of making a display for my Tim tags from 2009 & 2010 (still have to do 2011).

This first picture is my desk. My tv almost always has Criminal Minds playing on it (except in the morning then it's the news). I didn't empty my recycling or garbage before taking the photos. DH just put up the white shelves this morning (they are photo shelves). I purchased a long one from ikea and DH cut it for me. I wanted to display certain wood stamps on the small portion. Then on the other one I have my twine, Unity stamps and water brushes (with Dylusions spray). The wipe off calendar has design team deadlines. In the cups hanging from the Ikea towel bar has wink of stella and then regular pens & dry erase marker. I also just got the very cool media stix for my inks. I have 1 more package to hang for my distress inks but it has to go upside down for them to fit. The spinning rack with small ink pads, spray inks and misc stuff is from Harbour Freight in the States.

This is right beside my desk. Currently my distress inks are on an added shelf. My cameo sits below and I use it pretty often. I have buttons, ribbon, smooch on the display cabinet (need to figure out what goes in the empty hole now that I have the shelf for my wood stamps). The cabinet belows houses all kinds of things, from note/idea books, stamps (in the two white boxes), cuttlebug, brads, spray adhesive and other wood stamps and my Tim Holtz stamp binder.  The skinny shelf is shared with DH..so it has some Dylusions stamps, Stampin' Up stamps, Gel a Tin stamps, comics, cd and whatever. 


This is the small space I allow DH to use. It has his golf ball collection, Star Wars vinylmation, some pins and a Rush photo. All the papers are for work. 


This is along the big wall and house just about everything. Paper, embellisments, printer, tools. My washi tape is on a hold thread display holder. The magnet board holds just some fun stuff that I like to look  or what was given to me. You can see the last thing (maybe ) that I want DH to hang..magnetic spice rack that I have bits and pieces in. 


This is the back/behind the door. I have a peg board with stamps and stickers. Below that several Ikea towel bars with my punches. On the door is ribbon, a clipboard with my ranger color stock and a birthday calendar (and the cancer lottery one).  There is also a apron that I should wear more often. 


That is it for my room.

Here is the blog post from Donna that I was tagged in...

And here are my answers to the blog hop questions:

1. What am I working on?  
Currently I have several things on the go..usually one of my design team projects (SoSS or Scraptures or Sketch N  Scrap). I am also working on some card packages for my sorority to sell to other sorority chapters as a fundraiser.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
I don't know that it really does. I find steampunk fun but hard to do, I love all things Dyan Reaveley and Tim Holtz. I sometimes do messy and sometimes very clean. All depends on my mood. I tend to work off of sketches the most though. 

3. Why do I create what I do?
I don't know. I enjoy it most of the time. LOL My daughter loves to look at my old albums and that makes me feel good. When I do mixed media as gifts I love knowing that the person that rec'd it really likes it. 

4. How does your creative process work?
I spend so much time looking for ideas online until I run out of time and then just go for it.  Occasionally inspiration hits me but usually I am at work when that happens and by the time I get home it is gone. LOL  I do love scraplifting though. 

For next week I am tagging two more crafty friends:

Laura Lee of Boys Rule Scrapbook kits  & Paper Princess.
I met her through Scraptures and we have become good friends. We all try to get together when we can. We have also done Scrapfest together a couple of times. It's her birthday today too.


Christa from Scraptures.
I met Christa through the scrapbook store that I used to work at, and then again when we moved our kids were in the same class (my oldest, her youngest). We became best friends and now hang out all the time. I asked her to do this, knowing that her scrap space is only a dream at the moment (she just moved into a new place) and all her stuff is in storage. I asked that she show us her old place and answer the questions. 

5 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Love that you gave DH a corner to work from in your craft space! LOL! It's so much fun to see the spaces where we create! Loved seeing yours! What stood out the most was how you store your ink pads (I need those!) and of course, your black stiletto tape dispenser! LOL!

Jessi Fogan said...

Sharing your space! You're so much nicer than I am :) I love how you have it set up - and I want orange walls too!

Lindsey said...

Yep, so nice of you to share a corner. Great to find out a little more about you!

Laura-Lee said...

Love the colour of your room Chelle!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT Chelle! I know that it has taken you quite a while to get to this point but it looks like it has been worth it!