Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cards for Friends

A friend and I have been applying for jobs at the MTO (ministry of transportation of Ontario) and 2 friends have been helping us quite a bit. They helped with giving us the link for the job posting, help with rewriting our resumes and cover letters, and practice with the interviews. 
Unfortunately I didn't get the job but my friend did, I am very happy for her. I have another interview this coming Thursday for a similar position in another department. 

Anyways we thought we would do something nice for them. My friend is a baker and was planning on a cupcake bouquet (except everything came out underbaked, she was so frustrated) and I was making the cards. They got flowers and these cards from the two of us. 
I made this one for Dawn because she is a huge Disney fan, goes at least twice a year, belongs to the Disney Vacation club etc. I had made a similar card about 2 years ago and just changed the papers and coloured a new Goofy with my copic markers. I even stamped a Minnie Mouse with a bouquet on the inside. 


For Jodi, she loves orchids and purple. I had this gorgeous image from Simply B Stamps that I was suppose to color in the summer and never got around to doing.  I started out using an old Graphicat sketch (from when I was on the design team) but changed it when I picked out the paper from Bo Bunny Garden Girl. The gems were applied using my iRock and silhouette gems. Some bakers twine and pop dots and I thought it done. 


Needless to say both girls loved their cards and were surprised that we got them something at all. They are both sorority sisters but also great friends. 

No comments: